Fire & Ambulance
Conditions for Open Burning
- The permittee is required to notify the Eunice Fire Department prior to beginning any open burning.
- The permittee shall be responsible for the cost of any fire suppression of this permit and/or damage to other properties and is not relieved of this responsibility if the burn is conducted in accordance with all conditions.
- This permit does not pre-empt any restrictions on open burning provided for in any regulation or local ordinance.
- No burning of household trash
- No burn will commence if the wind velocity exceeds 10 mph.
- Smoke shall not inhibit visibility on any roadway.
- No petroleum, plastic, natural, or synthetic rubber products shall be burned.
- All burning, except agricultural burning, must take place between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- All applicable restrictions, codes, and ordinances, whether temporary or permanent, of another governmental bodies shall be complied with. (e.g). Fire Codes, City, or County Ordinances)
- The wind direction at the site must be such that the smoke will generally be carried away from areas of human habitation.
- The material to be burned must be dry.
- All burning will cease when atmospheric conditions are such that the U.S. Weather Service issues air stagnation advisory for the area.
- Fire suppression equipment at the burn site shall be as mandated by the Fire Marshall or his/her designee. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Our local shelters are the middle school patio and the First Baptist Church.
Sound file of warning sirens and explanations to come!
Fire Department meeting nights are on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month at 6:00 pm at the Eunice Fire Department.